Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jogging and Blogging

Greetings all!

Well, one month is down!!  The past week which is really my first week into the second month (got that?) has really been a struggle.  I took a few days off of running to focus on work since we are for sure in the busy season!  My 3 mile run on Wednesday was at a much slower pace then I wanted so it's important that I stick to the plan.  My left leg has also been giving me some trouble but I think I just need to stretch more before and after I run.  I just need to stick to the plan!

Last weekend, Kelsey and I got the chance to go home to see my family.  We had a great time in Ness City.......spent some much needed quality time with mom, had a short but great conversation with grandma, and of course.......got to drink some slushes!!  Mom was in great spirits and she was excited to see us!  My brother, sister-in-law, and nephew are coming to Ness from Colorado this week so I know mom is really pumped to see them.

Kelsey and I have been looking at some more race opportunities to participate in.  We found a few around the area so we are trying to figure out our "summer schedule".  One of the races I'm really excited for is the Blake Reed Miracle Mile!  Interested in this race and want to learn more?  Check out this link!
http://www.mcpherson.edu/news/index.php?action=fullnews&id=2177

This Sunday of course is Mother's Day.  I will be doing a special mother's day post on my blog to tell one of my favorite "mom" stories...so stay tuned.

A few thank you's before I end.  Huge thank you's to Jamie, Mo and Po, and Cody for sponsoring miles.  Cody and Jamie, you guys are great friends........although you live states away, I'm so appreciative in your support.  Mo and Po, thank you for all that you have done......you are the best!  Also, thank you to Coach Eby and Becker!  You might not know this, but you guys have played an important role in keeping me motivated for my runs!  P.S.....Go Bulldogs!

Remember to Teach.  Remember to Pray.  Remember to Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment