Thursday, May 19, 2011

100 miles down....

Well, if you are watching my daily mile tracker, you might notice 3 digits now!! I ran 4 miles with one of my good friends this evening to make my total number of miles up to 102!!  I'm really excited to get past this hurdle considering it took longer than expected to get here.

Next Saturday I will run in my first 10K race.  The 10K is in Little River, KS and is called the Suicide Hill Trail Run.  Now, looking at what the race is called, I'm surprised anyone wants to participate.  This will be a cross country race with two creek crossings.  It will be interesting to see how I do since I have only ran on pavement since I have started.  Kelsey will be coming with me to take a few pictures and cheer me on.  After the race, we will head west to see mom.

This week is finals week at the college, which is always an emotional week.  It is especially emotional this year since my first real recruiting class are graduating.  It has been a great 4 years watching them grow both spiritually, mentally, and personally.  I must say, McPherson recruiting a fantastic class 4 years ago.

Mom has continued chemo and continuing to eat very well.  I can not wait to see her next weekend.  Thanks again everyone for your prayers and support.

Remember to Teach.  Remember to Pray.  Remember to Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment