Monday, April 4, 2011

Teaching

Mom was a teacher. Although she is retired after 26 years, she continues to teach.  Everyday....important things. Family, life, attitude, jobs, relationships......the list goes on.  She has taught our family to stick together through hard times, to praise each other on accomplishments, and to stay in touch.  Although my brother is in Colorado and my sister is in Ness, I feel that the past few years have brought us closer together.  Although she has left the classroom, mom still teaches.

Day 1 was what I thought it would be.  Long.  I'm going to follow a modified version of a marathon training schedule that a co-worker told me about.  I'm not for sure if a marathon will be in the future, although that might change.  Today I ran 2.65 miles at what I thought was a decent pace.  I know the pace will get much faster and the miles much longer as I continue.  I'm using dailymile.com to track my miles for the year and after the first run, it looks like they round up!  I will keep everyone updated on my real miles on my blog and hopefully I can find a road track that is exactly 3 miles.

I've already received so much support from people at work.......I'm truly blessed to be surrounded by such great people.  When starting this blog, I thought even if I got a few followers that it would be a success.  After a week of the first blog post, I already have 5 followers!  If you a reading this blog, feel free to pass it along to people you know......the more people that follow, the more people learn about supporting the fight for pancreatic cancer.

Many people have asked about how they sponsor.  Throught the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (www.pancan.org) I have set up a fundraising page.  You can access it by clicking on the "first giving" link on my page.  All the support is greatly appreciated.

Remember to teach.  Remember to pray.  Remember to support.

Matt

3 comments:

  1. We have been checking your site daily. We are very proud of you for doing this! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt - YOU are an Amazing Man. You have already began to "teach" others yourself! I am so impressed with this blog - you are an inspiration to others, just like your Mother, Father, Sister and Brother are! You all are strong, steady, and encouraging to many others. YOUR FAMILY is very blessed because they touch so many lives everyday - whether it was your Mom teaching, your Dad in his position at the store, or you kids always wearing a smile, always saying hello - each of you have made a difference in many lives. And how proud we as a community are to watch as each of you continue to make differences everyday for others. Never wanting for yourselves, always giving for others. GOD's BLESSINGS to you and your families...in all that you do.. YOU ARE AN AMAZING FAMILY in Many more ways than you can know! YES your Mom is still teaching many others as well - God Grant her Continued Strength and Courage, Faith and Understanding to meet each day and the Comfort and Peace she needs. And I will keep track of site each day..so Keep it Going MATT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Matt, I love what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete