Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Story

Wow, almost one week down!! If you have been watching my dailymile ticker, you probably have noticed that I finally hit "double digits" (pretty exciting, I know!).  It's been such a great week!!  I've had many people come up and talk to me about my blog and how much they have enjoyed reading it.  I have encouraged them to share my blog with their friends and family......Please do the same! 


I must share this story with you.  A friend of my mom's wrote me on Facebook the other day and after reading it, (and hopefully after you read it) it reminded me of how much mom meant to the education world.


"I've been reading stuff you've posted and I am so sorry about what I read about your Mom. I remember when she was in the hospital quite some time ago with health problems but not living in Ness anymore I haven't heard a whole lot since so I wasn't aware of the cancer. I loved your Mom as the girls' teacher, Amber was in first grade when we moved and then of course Jade had her. I always enjoyed talking to her wherever I saw her.
If I may share a funny story with you about your Mom and Jade.
One night when Jade was in first grade we were at the Cactus Club eating and Jade was sitting at the table kinda slumped over leaning on the table waiting for our food, we would look at the door when anyone came in and Jack said, Jade look there's Mrs. Pfannenstiel, Jade immediately sat up straight--as if sitting in the classroom and the teacher walked in--and looked over at the door. Jack and I started laughing cause we knew it was a respect thing on Jades part cause Jade liked her as a teacher, but we also knew your Mom ran a no nonsense classroom which in this case went beyond the classroom. She was an awesome teacher.
Had to tell you, we thought it was pretty funny."



How funny!! I would know how my mom teaches though.....and how although running a "no nonsense" classroom was her motto, her specialty was truly caring and educating kids.  I was fortunate enough to be taught by mom in second grade.  I'll never forget she gave me my first "F" (and even in Math, my best subject)!!


Last but not least, some quick thank you's to some of my newest supporters in dailygiving!


Shay -- Miles 54 through 106


Courtney and David -- Miles 107 through 135


Kay -- Miles 136 through 155


You guys rock!!  Thanks so much for the support!  I truly appreciate it!!




Kelsey and I are headed to Ness for the weekend to see Mom!  (This is me being pumped!)
We are looking forward to running the streets of my hometown!




As Awlays.......


Remember to Teach.  Remember to Pray.  Remember to Support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment